Ever invested in a company which turned out to be a fraud?
Want to make sure there are no accounting gimmicks in the company you want to invest in?
Always wanted to double check the “management quality” before investing your hard earned money in the stock?
Watch the 6-hour workshop on “Forensic Accounting for Investors”
This workshop will teach you
- How to detect accounting frauds in the company’s financial statements?
- How to assess the management of the company?
The workshop will use live case studies of Indian companies and equip you with the tools and techniques to save yourself from losing money due to corporate governance issues.
Watch the below youtube video to get an idea of what will be covered in the Forensic Accounting workshop
Fees for the workshop are Rs 6,500/- inclusive of taxes
UPI / Google Pay ID – amey153@upi
Agenda for the Workshop
The workshop will provide the participants a framework to assess the management quality and detect accounting shenanigans with a stress on “How to do it in practice”Each concept will be illustrated by an example of a listed Indian company
Module 1: Common Tricks used to manipulate books of Accounts
- Revenue recognition Norms
- Expense Recognition
- Capitalization of expenses
- Manipulation of Cash Flows
- Earnings Manipulations
- Using non-standard parameters to represent business performance
Module 2: Where, what & how of the annual report
- Audit Report Observations
- Related Party transactions
- Accounting Policies & Disclosures – Changes over the years
- Cashflow Analysis
- Loans & Advances
- Fund Flow Analysis
- Notes to accounts
Module 3: How to assess the “Management Quality”
- Promoter Background – just Google it
- Investor Communication: The Shareholders Letter
- Execution Skills
- Capital Allocation Skills
- History of Capital Raise
- Management Compensation
- Focus of Management – Is it business performance or the share price?
- Insider Buying
- Pledging of Shares
- Consistency in Communication
Module 4: Putting it all together – Case Study
- Application of everything we have learnt to a Live Example
Outcome: A Checklist guide to help you weed out companies with gaps in corporate governance
FAQ on the Forensic Accounting for Investors workshop
- What will I learn from the workshop?
A systematic way to detect accounting frauds in companies
How to analyze the “management quality”
- What is the learning methodology?
Case Studies – Live Indian examples
I believe theory useless. unless one practices it regularly. Unless one really gets their hands dirty, one does not learn. The workshop will discuss specific Indian case studies and derive the general principles of detecting financial fraud and corporate governance issues. When you discover the methods and means of corporate mis-governance in specific cases, you will walk away with a system to quickly detect corporate governance issues in any company you analyze
- Is there a pre-requisite? Should I have studied accounting in school?
Accounting is the language of business. Without the knowledge of accounting, one cannot imagine detecting financial fraud. However, only the most basic concepts in accounting are required to become a good investor.
To attend this workshop, one need not have studied accounting in school. We will cover the basics in the workshop. Also, one can learn enough accounting by just reading annual reports and a little bit of google search.